- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, 2014
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, 2010
- B.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University, 2009
- Physical Oceanography
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Mixing and Transport Processes in the Coastal Ocean
- Internal wave dynamics and turbulence
My research activities are in the field of environmental fluid mechanics, and involve the application of fluid mechanics principles to the study of flow and transport processes in the coastal ocean. My research focuses on the interdisciplinary nature of environmental fluid mechanics and specifically on how various physical processes affect ecosystem health and biological processes in environmental systems. I am looking for enthusiastic students who want to explore the physics of the ocean with me through field projects and data analysis (e.g., summer research opportunities, school-year research, senior projects, etc.). Please don't hesitate to contact me so we can explore the various options.